Whether you are buying a condo in Ridgefields, a single family home in Fairacres, a home with 45 acres in Hawkins or Greene Counties, commercial property in Gray, or farm land in Gate City the following list will give you an idea of the process you will be taking when making your purchase.
Step 1. Get Pre-Qualified
- Ask your Town & Country Realtor® about loan officers.
- Explore the many loan programs available to you.
- Be prepared to share income and other financial information.
- Understand the approval process.
Step 2. Explore Available Properties with our Search Tool at townandcountryrealty.org
- Sign up for property email alerts at townandcountryrealty.org.
- Explore the links to various communities we serve and the neighborhoods within them, school district sites, attractions, etc.
Step 3. Select your Town & Country Realtor® and Begin Viewing Homes
- When possible, we recommend all decision makers should visit the various homes.
- Always be candid with your Realtor® and express your particular needs and desires to allow you to find the homes you want to see.
Step 4. Prepare the Offer
- Upon request, your Town & Country Realtor® can provide you with a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) on your choice of real estate and neighborhoods in order to assist you in making an informed decision.
- Your Town & Country Realtor® will guide you through the contract and prepare your offer.
- Negotiations will proceed until both buyer and seller agree on all terms and sign all documents.
- Documents will be sent to the title company where a file will be opened, and title commitment and property tax information ordered.
- Your Town & Country Realtor® will continue to guide you through the process.
- See Offers and Contracts at townandcountryrealty.org.
Step 5. Finalize your Loan Application
- Give your loan officer a copy of the contract and apply for the loan.
- Provide necessary documentation to your lender. This could include disclosures, legal documents, reports, and such.
Step 6. Inspect the Property
- Your Town & Country Realtor® will provide you a list of licensed and/or certified inspectors that perform various types of property inspections including plumbing systems, environmental, radon, and wood-destroying insect inspections.
Step 7. Appraisal and Survey of Property
- The lender and the title company will make arrangements for the property appraisal and survey.
- You will be provided with a copy of the Title Commitment which sets out the conditions necessary for title to be conveyedat closing.
- You will need to make arrangements for necessary insurance.
Step 8. Set the Closing Date
- Your Town & Country Realtor® will arrange a convenient closing date and time with the title company. The seller’s closing will be at the same time.
- A copy of the closing statement will be provided for you to review with your Town & Country Realtor® prior to the closing.
- You will need to bring a cashier's check for all closing costs and the balance of the down payment, as well as current photo identification.
- Your Town & Country Realtor® will assist you with a final walk-through inspection of the property prior to the closing.
Step 9. Prior to Closing
- Loan documents and the closing statement are sent to your lender for final approval.
Step 10. Let's Close
- The Title Company will receive and disburse all monies at the time of closing. Funds being disbursed include paying off the seller's loan, taxes, attorney's fees, Realtor® fees, and the Title Company fees.
- The Title Company will record your legal documents such as the Deed, Deed of Trust, and Power of Attorney in the office of the county clerk and mail a copy to you.
- The Title Company prepares and issues the title policy and will send it to you and the Lender.
IT'S NOW TIME TO ENJOY YOUR NEW HOME!!!
Real estate transactions are complex and our Realtor® are professionals who understand the process. They can save you a substantial amount of time, effort and money by:
- Organizing and accompanying you to view homes which meet your criteria.
- Sharing information on various neighborhoods, schools, places of worship, family and community activities, shopping, and more.
- Providing sales information on the neighborhood of your choice, so you can make an informed purchasing decision.
- Showing you MLS properties, will eliminate the need to call multiple offices for information or appointments.
- Securing showing appointments for properties that are not currently listed in the MLS.
- Working with local builders if you desire to purchase a new construction or to have a home custom built for you and your family.
- Negotiating your offer to YOUR best advantage.
Your Town & Country Realtor® will:
- Provide you information about agency choices, requirements, and services available to you.
- Understand your needs, desires, and goals as a buyer.
- Organize the home buying process, guide you through it and save you time.
- Search for the right home, always accompanying you to property showings and representing your interests.
- Explore all finance options with you and provide you with a list of lenders.
- Offer you a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) to make an informed purchase.
- Disclose all known information about properties and areas which interest you.
- Assist in preparing offers, strategize your offer to the seller, and negotiate on your behalf.
- Ensure confidentially of your personal information.
- Monitor the closing process step-by-step, and keep you informed.
- Provide lists of inspectors to review the condition of the property.
- Act as your advocate in the most professional manner.
- Treat all parties honestly.